Monday, March 3, 2014

Last week our school lost one of the greatest coaches to ever walk the halls of Bloomfield Hills high school. On March 25, 2014 the beloved Mike Rado lost his fight to brain cancer. For those of you who have not had the pleasure of knowing Rado he was the swim coach at Lahser since the program even started and he was the girls assistant coach for one year of Bloomfield Hills high school. Rado also coached a summer club for many years too. Rado swam all his life and was amazing, his times were so fast that we could hardly believe that anyone could swim like that. Although Rado is gone his impact will never go away. I only had one year with Rado as my coach, but it was the best swim season of my life and I could not have wished for more. I will miss  Rado's  jokes, and the smell of his coffee when he walked in the room. You will be missed Mike Rado.

No comments:

Post a Comment